The TRIO STEM-H Student Support Services Program is designed to provide valuable services to low income, first generation, and/or students with disabilities pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering, math, and health fields. We collaborate with resources on campus as well as provide unique workshops to develop and support the specific skills needed by students in these challenging majors.
Our goal is to bring together a comprehensive set of resources that will allow you to be successful in your academic path, graduate, and excel in your career ahead.
STEM-H Student SPOTLIGHT
Congratulations to the ten students who were selected for our STEM-H participation grant aid! These ten students met the requirements and have been engaged in STEM-H Student Support Services by taking advantage of the mentoring, tutoring, workshops, and other resources. Grant aid will be awarded again in March of 2019.
Key components of our program include:
- Peer Mentoring and Academic Coaching provide a one-to-one connection to help you transition, to find
- answers to questions, and to develop a plan to overcome obstacles
- Peer Tutoring is available to help with challenging courses
- Skill Workshops give you tools to create and sustain effective academic habits
- STEM-H Leadership Workshops are designed to offer exposure to skills and professional development specific to STEM and health sciences
- Financial aid information and financial literacy workshops help you to make the most of your financial aid and to plan your financial future
- We also offer a small number of Grant Aid Awards to our most active program participants (pending availability of funds)
Other services include:
- Career exploration
- Scholarship information
- General academic advising
- Graduation cords
- Free scantrons and testing supplies
- Access to our resource library (including computers, calculators, tablets, laptops, and books that can be used within our STEM Success Center)
- GRE fee reduction waivers
All services are free to our program participants!
Students who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Enrollment or acceptance for enrollment at NMSU
- Current major in science, technology, engineering, math, or health sciences
- One or more of the following apply:
o Be considered low income
o Parents or guardians did not graduate with a bachelor’s degree
o Have a disability
Applications from first or second year and transfer students are especially encouraged!
STEM-H Student Support Services
Engineering Complex I, Rm 113
Don’t hesitate to email or call Program Staff with any questions!
The New Mexico State University STEM-H Student Support Services Program is 100% funded through a grant by the U.S. Department of Education.