TRIO STEM-H SSS is continuing to provide services throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. All services are being provided online. Please check our “Resources” tab for the latest resources and information.
The TRIO STEM-H Student Support Services Program is designed to provide valuable services to support the specific skills needed by low income, first generation, and/or students with disabilities pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering, math, and health science fields. Click here to see all STEM and health science majors that we are able to serve.
STEM-H strives to be a comfortable environment where a diverse group of students can take advantage of comprehensive resources. The program maintains equality and dedication to fostering the success of all participants with motivation, skill development, support, and mentorship throughout the time of their undergraduate career. This environment allows STEM-H participants to be successful in their academics, graduate, and excel in graduate school or a career.
Key components of our program include:
- Peer Mentoring and Academic Coaching provide a one-to-one connection to help you transition, to find
- answers to questions, and to develop a plan to overcome obstacles
- Peer Tutoring is available to help with challenging courses
- Skill Workshops give you tools to create and sustain effective academic habits
- STEM-H Leadership Workshops are designed to offer exposure to skills and professional development specific to STEM and health sciences
- Financial aid information and financial literacy workshops help you to make the most of your financial aid and to plan your financial future
- We also offer Grant Aid Awards to our most active program participants (pending availability of funds)
Other services include:
- Career exploration
- Scholarship information
- General academic advising
- Graduation cords
- Free scantrons and testing supplies
- Free printing
- Access to our resource library (including computers, calculators, tablets, laptops, and textbooks that can be used within our STEM-H Success Center)
- GRE fee reduction waivers
All services are free to our program participants!
Students who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Enrollment or acceptance for enrollment at NMSU
- Current major in science, technology, engineering, math, or health sciences
- One or more of the following apply:
o Be considered low income
o Parents or guardians did not graduate with a bachelor’s degree
o Have a disability
Applications from first or second year and transfer students are especially encouraged!
STEM-H Student Support Services
Engineering Complex I, Rm 113
Don’t hesitate to email or call Program Staff with any questions!
The New Mexico State University STEM-H Student Support Services Program is 100% funded through a grant by the U.S. Department of Education.